Monday, February 04, 2008

Screening Committees and Other Horrors

Saturday saw my first step out of the Circuit and into the District on my journey towards ordained ministry. Methodist Church people will know what I mean! We had a candidates meeting to help prepare us for the selection processes that are coming up. It is pretty scary stuff, but worst of all is the screening committee. That happens next week, exact date as yet uncertain. So - please pray for me.

But the best thing was that I have been told so often to expect the worst with meetings like this and Saturday was far from 'worst'. The meeting was scheduled to be 9 to 12 and it ran 9 to 11:55. It was useful and focused, while allowing plenty of space for people to ask questions and share their concerns. Faith Whitby gave such a 'real' touch to everything. Yes, there will be waiting and delays - this is why. I can work like that.

I also had a sudden panic about whether this was the right thing for me to be doing and had such a clear answer from God right there and then. I feel so extremely blessed. God is good!

2 comments:

Herman G said...

You can always expect the best from God. Bon voyage on your journey. I will keep you in my prayers.

digitaldion (Dion Forster) said...

May your experience with Faith (the person, and the journey) be just the start of many blessed years in Christ's service!

Praying for you! See you in Jabavu...

Much love in Christ,

Dion