Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Retreating Today

Today I am attending my first ministers' retreat. I always used to wonder that ministers spent so much time on retreat and I thought they were quite lucky. Until I realised that retreat doesn't mean time with God and space for prayer. And ministers quite often hate them. They can be times when chosen individuals simply push their agendas. They can be a waste of time. And ministers aren't necessarily best friends with other ministers.
But, today is my first. In a different district to where I have always lived. With a bishop that is new to bishopping (a bishop chairs a district). So, I will go without too many preconceived ideas. Fortunately all the other phase 1's will be there and the ministers from my circuit. And some ministers whom I haven't met, but would like to and others that I haven't seen for a while.

No comments: