Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Two Sides to a Story

I spent a long weekend in Joburg with my family. We drove to Grahamstown yesterday and they will be with me for nine days (except that today and tomorrow I'm in Port Elizabeth!) It has been very good to see them all.
But - what I realised was this. I don't have to run a household, being away from them. I get a chance to read my Bible without interruption. I can plan my life with the only vagueries coming from the church. I have plenty of time to study. I must admit I don't miss reminding the kids to feed the dogs or the state of their bedrooms. There are advantages to doing this year away from home.
My husband is a star for the way that he is playing single parent. My kids are stars for the strength that they have shown.
God is good.

No comments: