Monday, June 15, 2009

Half Way!

Today marks, as far as I know, the halfway mark on my Shaw journey. It could change. The church could decide to leave me here for another year, but I think that is unlikely.
I am slowly starting to find a sense of purpose and a sense that maybe I will have made some small positive impact here. This is a relief! I was worried that if I couldn't make the adjustment to a new situation that I wouldn't make it in the itinerant Methodist set up. But it has been very hard - because of the cross-cultural side and also because of the lack of time spent in circuit. But it must be acknowledged that I am finding meaning in the relatively very small amount of preaching that I do in the English-speaking church and not in my core work. Still, I am pleased that God will use me and I trust that I am also adding some value in the township. I am sure that this will become clearer in time.
And if it doesn't, I trust that God will nonetheless use my attempt to be faithful. I can't do any more!

2 comments:

Charli said...

Wow, it doesn't seem like it's been that long. I think time goes faster every year. In one sense it's scary to think that we've come so far already, but I think we will all be happy next year. (Two weeks!)

Steven Jones said...

"With half the race gone, there's half the race still to go" - Murray Walker, former Formula One commentator.

Hang in there, Jen!