Monday, July 27, 2009

50 Minutes

I've just spent 50 minutes on the phone (cell phone) to my husband. That is a record for us. We quite regularly do 30 minute calls. In fact, our cell phone bills are quite big.
Whatever else I have learnt this year, I have learnt that I need my family around. The first few months apart was quite good for me. I've been available to my kids almost continually for nearly 18 years - remember they were homeschooled. I did enjoy the sense of space that I had away from them. Unfortunately I missed them at the same time.
If this year is supposed to be 'testing the call', it is not a fair test. I think I would be so much happier if my family were with me. I can't tell if my call is at fault, or lack of family is at fault. I pray that God will bring the church to do something with me next year that fulfils my sense of call and also the needs of my family.

No comments: