Friday, July 24, 2009

Feelings Cycle

I've got to the point where I feel that everything I feel I've felt before. Maybe that sounds odd. I feel a bit frustrated at the moment. I think it's because my time here is starting to come to an end. The church is talking about next year. Will they get someone, who will they get? I tend to keep thinking that things are not worth doing because I'll be going and won't be able to follow through. I feel like my ministry is so superficial. I know that there have been deep points. I know that I have made a mark. But somehow I want more!
And actually, my feelings are probably more affected by uncertainty over next year and missing my family.
Meaningless, everything is meaningless.
Just how I feel - not what I believe!

2 comments:

Cori said...

Hi Jenny. Thanks for stopping by on my blog. I've enjoyed the journey you're sharing with us here!

I could really relate to that feeling of 'everything is meaningless' but have started to see a pattern that I often start feeling that way when I am just around the corner of something new that God has in store. I hope it is also the case for you!

Jenny Hillebrand said...

Thanks Cori, I think you are right.