Saturday, July 04, 2009

National Arts Festival

Everything for the next few days is 'Grahamstown Festival'. Which is cool! But they say, no church meetings. People will not even come to church on Sundays because they have jobs at the festival. There certainly is a buzz of activity in the town and even in the township.
It is great to have my family with me - they will enjoy the festival. We walked around the two 'flea market' areas yesterday and the day before. I'm not great at flea markety stuff, but it was interesting to see. I guess we will go and see some show or other before the festival is over - maybe my husband and kids will see more because I am supposed to be working!
We bought a set of sticks - I don't know what they are called. There are two straights sticks about a foot long, covered in rubber and then a longer, flexible stick, also covered in rubber. You use the two straight sticks to throw and catch and spin the longer stick. I've always wanted to try it, and I now have my own set! It is a lot of fun and the kids are enjoying them too.

1 comment:

Charli said...

We've been trying to plan it so that you can come to all the shows too! That may be one of the things we actually agree on. :-)