Wednesday, July 22, 2009

No More Fishcakes

I was going to blog about meals. And then thought - I really need to get a life! But it is complicated catering for one. My family left a loaf of bread when they went home just over a week ago. I finally finished the loaf today - I couldn't see any green mouldy bits!
The weather here is blowing up and promising to be very cold. The forecast is for snow on the mountain ranges.
I started this week anticipating meetings every evening and wondering when I was going to prepare sermons. And then all but one meeting disappeared, so I have time after all.
I am starting to enjoy the church where I am working more. I'm getting to know people - and increasingly I can see that there are people who genuinely care about their church. This is encouraging and makes it worth while to put in energy and effort.
I guess I'm almost feeling as if I belong.

2 comments:

Thomas Scarborough said...

You're supposed to eat one slice every two days, as a sacred reminder of their last visit, until you see them again. Now you've gone and gobbled it all up in a week!

Jenny Hillebrand said...

I kept the balloon animals that they made in April until they came again in July. There was hardly any air left in them. They somehow disappeared sometime when I was out. I guess the kids decided to throw them away!