Monday, August 24, 2009

Almost Restored

uThixo ubuyisa umphefumlo wam. (God restores my soul.) Learning Xhosa in a church means that I am learning a different vocabulary!
I was so tired on Friday! Sensible people sleep when they are tired, but I get more and more wound up and find it harder and harder to sleep. So Friday afternoon, after I got back to Grahamstown, I cancelled my confirmation class and read a detective story almost non-stop all afternoon. I was in bed at 8.30 and I slept! Saturday I also took easy, although I had a meeting and a sermon to prepare. On Sunday I had plenty of energy for preaching - although I was tired afterwards.
But it is amazing how quickly one can recover. I am now struggling to understand why I have felt so low in the past four or five weeks.
A big part of the restoration is that I leave on Wednesday to go home to Jhb for my weekend off. So I am not stressing now with planning anything, except what to do in Jhb. I'm not sure how I would cope if that break was not coming up!

No comments: