Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Spring is springing

I am finding spring in the Eastern Cape interesting. The road from Grahamstown to Fort Beaufort is lined with low-growing, yellow, daisy-like flowers - they definitely brighten up the road. The road to Kenton has yellow flowering bushes, the blue plumbago is starting to flower and the prickly pears are getting red knobs. Much more interesting than the roads in Johannesburg!
Psychologically, I almost resent spring coming while I am still away from my family! I have to make a conscious effort to enjoy it.

2 comments:

Thomas Scarborough said...

Desecrating good verse, are we?

Spring has sprung
grass has ris
I wonder where
the birdies is'

Ogden Nash.

Jenny Hillebrand said...

No, I'm making good verse better! Sometime I'll have to rewrite the whole thing in good postmodern style.