Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Evaluation

Today we have panel interviews to help decide whether we advance in ministerial training or not. Well, actually I've already had mine, but I didn't get a chance to write this before.
It is very hard to say how I feel about phase 1. Was it good or was it bad? What is the bottom line about my experiences? There have been some very difficult times this year. It is hard to know whether I could have learnt what I have learnt through another avenue. But I have learnt so much. And I certainly feel stronger now and in some ways more confident. I guess I am - maybe even proud of myself for getting through the year.
How does one train a group of potential leaders who all have strong ideas, but have different gifts and different backgrounds? How do you teach them to conform to the ethos of the Methodist church, but retain their creativity and enthusiasm?
It isn't easy.
(By the way, my interview went well, so I am not stressed.)

No comments: