Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Getting Higher and 350

I've just realised how many of my last posts have sounded flat. Got to make a plan to get some interest in life!
So I am playing with MyBlogLog to see what that does with stats and whatever.
I ought to go running, having made the connection that I will be in Pietermaritzburg for the next year or two - Comrades world!
Here's what I think is a good idea. Many people have heard the eco-guys pushing 350 day on 24 October. At least one Methodist Church in SA sent in a photograph. It's such a good way of raising awareness in the congregation and also being something of a prophetic voice.

2 comments:

markpenrith said...

Hi there,

What's 350? I'm from the equivalent of the religious outback.

In Christ,

Mark

Jenny Hillebrand said...

Hi Mark
Sorry, that was a bit vague! You can go to www.350.org. The day was billed as International Climate Awareness Day. The 350 comes from the idea that there should be no more than '350 parts per million CO2 in the atmosphere' for human safety. There are currently 387.
I like the idea because people are gently drawn in to start actually making a difference in the environment.