Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Keeping the spark

I've come back to seminary life somewhat more refreshed than I anticipated. This is good and bad! Good because I'm throwing myself into things with some enthusiasm. Bad because I resent the cage bars that seminary puts up (and which I had managed to forget). I know I will adapt to the routine again. One of the things that I (and others) have been told is to never allow the church or anything else to put out the spark or flame for ministry and God's service.
But so often it is the structures that are supposed to bring life that breathe death. I try to enjoy chapel worship, to connect with God, even just to speak to him, but I find these times so so hard. And I don't think it is because I am irreligious!
But, we try to keep the spark - Jesus and me!

No comments: