Friday, October 15, 2010

Guilt Reduction

Today is to be devoted to reducing the sense of guilt that I have that I cannot do everything that people want me to do!
So I will be working on finding reading for my PhD and maybe homing in on a topic. I will be working on Zulu, for which I have a Unisa exam on Wednesday. And I will be working on my Greek with which I am currently always a step behind.
And I will take my teenage daughter shopping.
All things that I enjoy and have a sense of immediate benefit to me!!
Does that make sense - that it reduces guilt? Doesn't matter - because today I am not feeling guilty about ANYTHING!

3 comments:

Steven Jones said...

Don't feel guilty - we all need some "me" time now and then.

wonderingpreacher said...

Yep, reducing guilt. Always a better idea than the 'oughts' of yeterday's post. As Nike says, 'Just do it'. And if you don't, well guilt doesn't actually get anything done.
Now, I ought to have some chocolate. Oh, ok, I'll just do it..............

Jenny Hillebrand said...

Yes Ian - I find if I can get to a place where I'm not in a guilty spin I become much more productive. So counter-intuitively, backing off makes me more efficient. I guess that's what they mean by 'sharpening the saw'.
Ah, your idea about chocolate is a good one, I have some just here . . .