Tuesday, November 02, 2010

That time of year

University lectures are finished. I enjoyed my Greek so much - thanks to a great lecturer at UKZN (Pat Bruce). Now I am feeling holidayish, but I can't stop yet. Now is the time for sowing the seeds for next year. I am excited because there are a number of projects that are on the horizon - I feel very blessed to have so many options. My problem is that I am afraid of overcommitting myself. There is also the possibility (at the back of my mind) that the seminary will overrule some of what I want to do - I am still a student/seminarian! I don't think that will happen - at least not in an unreasonable way - but it adds to the uncertainty. So this week I am running around with Brentwood things - the preschool graduation is coming up and I want to help them make their big ideas happen. We are hoping to start doing training of pre-school teachers in Pietermaritzburg as part of Phakamisa which is based at Pinetown Methodist Church. This is just such an exciting opportunity - children matter, especially here and now. I also hope to be more involved in Prestbury Methodist Church as part of my internship programme so there is thinking and planning happening there. Academics - my PhD is on a new track, but still not a fast moving one. I don't know if it is going to come together.
So for now, I keep planting, trying to remember to pray, and we'll see what the Lord allows, or causes, to grow!

No comments: