Saturday, March 05, 2011

Weekends are good

Just got back from our 5km run with my middle kids. Down Warwick Rd, across the river, up The Gentle Hill. Turn left at the T-junction and take the Way By the Wood. Enjoy the moderate uphill before hitting Pig Hill - 10 minutes of extreme up! And then the road that has no name and a near sprint down through The Plantation and back home.
I am breaking out the downward spiral of 'the nothingness of life' - helped by taking yesterday afternoon off and going sailing with a friend. After that my husband and I had a crazy candlelight meal at home while all the kids were at Youth.
I think my seminary programme is now settled - I was really afraid at the beginning of last week that they were going to place me in a community organisation for two days a week and I was feeling a bit desperate timewise, but it looks like all will be well. So in between household chores this morning I worked out a rough timetable for the next few weeks - which helps me feel more in control.
My focus will be on my PhD - so 15 or 16 hours a week go there. 10 hours on Greek. I've also allocated 2 hours a week to Zulu. 8 hours for other stuff that keeps coming up - seminary web page, contempory worship team, seminarian executive, fieldwork reflections and occasional things like sermons at seminary. There is also two to three hours a week for my community project (which IS Phakamisa). And lastly the 7 hours per week that is compulsory seminary activity such as chapel services.
I don't think it's going to be easy, but I think it will be ok. God is good!

No comments: