Monday, June 13, 2011

Simplicity

Today has left me longing for simplicity. For a world without subtexts, cultural differences and busy-ness. Why can't people be transparent and open? Why can't we work together to solve problems without some of us hiding what we know or misrepresenting? Are we so afraid of each other? Why can't we be willing to give, to serve?
I suppose that I might be just as frustrating to others. I guess that if I was, I'd like someone to tell me so.

But today I also saw genuine people. Our Zulu teacher who is not experienced at teaching third language speakers, but who has a sincere desire to help me. The SMMS panel of staff who listened to our postgrad research progress and made helpful comments.

I'll try to remember the good bits. And pray for the people who have been hurt by the silly bits.

No comments: