Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Siyakudumisa - Te Deum

An important part of the Sunday liturgy for black African Methodists is the Siyakudumisa. This is the isiXhosa translation of the Te Deum (We praise you God). I started a project to make notes on the Biblical basis of the Siyakudumisa and am somewhat stubbornly persevering with it when I have any spare time. This week I am waiting to get feedback on my research proposal, so I've been working on this project. I have also been playing around with the idea of a seminary wiki and inevitably they have come together. The Siyakudumisa notes are still very much work-in-progress, but it is amazing how professional they look in the wikipedia layout!
Check it out here.

4 comments:

markpenrith said...

Wow, that does come out really professional looking.

I've been watching your postings over the last while. What is the Doctrinal Thesis you're hoping to pitch?

Jenny Hillebrand said...

Thanks! And you've motivated me to write a post about the thesis.

Steve Hayes said...

A wiki really is a good tool for collaborative research. I hope to see more in future!

Jenny Hillebrand said...

Thanks Steve! We're expanding into pages for Methodist Churches - especially smaller ones - as well. The idea being to record history. I hope it will become truly collaborative!