Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas

Christmas marked my official beginning in my new station. I preached on Christmas Eve at Strandfontein Methodist Church and on Christmas Day at Wesley Mission in Lentegeur. These are the two societies of which I shall be part.
Impressions:
Strandfontein is on the edge of Mitchell's Plain and is a newish area. Lentegeur is in a older, more densely populated area. Both services were full and just about overflowing - a lot of curiosity to see the new minister, plus the usual attraction of the Christmas services! The Wesley building is a little bigger than Strandfontein. I guess they seat 150 to 200 people.
Both services were lively and felt good! I enjoyed the worship and the people seemed to respond well to me and my family.
The services were quite different to each other in some ways, but they both work for me. I am looking forward to getting involved.

2 comments:

wonderingpreacher said...

So glad you have arrived in one piece and have begun the journey.
We welcomed Dianne into our midst on Christmas day. Cathy Smith and Ross lead a beautiful service.
Love to you all.

Jenny Hillebrand said...

Thanks Ian. I saw the picture on your blog - felt rather odd to see it actually! I'm sure that Dianne will be well-received.