Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Discipline

Today is the first day this week that I am working at my desk. I desperately need to sit down and put dates in order - mostly in my phone calendar, but maybe on paper as well. I am starting to get enough of a feel for the job that I can plan. I am also battling down a sense of panic and am tempted to switch off all phones for a while! I am overreacting in my almost-panic, but I can see that I am going to need to be very disciplined. It is hard for me to say 'no' and in less than a week of real work I have already had to start doing it.
I usually go into the year with some goals in mind - often one of them is 'survive'. I am still not sure if I am in a place to set any goals at all (apart from survive!). But the fact is that I need to - while the working of the local churches may still be vague, I need to set goals regarding my family life and my own personal growth. So, if there is a chance, that should be part of my planning today.
So far, I am happy where I am, the people are wonderful and the family has settled in well. School started today  - another milestone. The girls are with us for another two and a half weeks.

No comments: