Monday, May 21, 2012

The Day After Synod

We attended synod this last weekend.
I quite enjoyed attending synod as an agent (or perhaps active partner). Not that I said anything at synod, but for the first time I am a minister able to initiate things in circuit and it was good to hear what people are doing, see what resources are available and collect ideas. Also to learn some of the day to day things that make the district tick.
I have also come home sick and would dearly love to spend the day in bed. I also haven't had a 'day-off' for a couple of weeks.
However, circuit life carries on and I need to figure out how to reschedule my life to deal with 'suddenly' having church services every night this week. My baptism preparation classes will now happen after the baptism service. Seems weird, but I can't see another way of doing it (and I don't want to cancel the baptism service!!) And of course I must prepare a sermon and preach tonight. And deal with the preacher who did not pitch for his service yesterday. And so on.
But I am glad to feel useful (if somewhat confused) and I hope that I can offer something to these people here in spite of my inadequacies. I feel like I am learning more than I am giving at the moment.
At the end of the day,  God is always good.

No comments: