Saturday, September 29, 2012

Moving fingers

One of the reasons I chose a touch screen phone as my new phone is that I was fascinated by Swype. And in the end I couldn't use the phone without it because I find it hard to type on the touch screen.
For those who don't know, you swype by running your finger across the screen keyboard from one letter in the word to the other. It is amazingly good at figuring out what you mean.
It is also sometimes very funny when it guesses wrong, and often most irreverent. Thus the great Methodist institution of Local Preachers almost invariably comes up as Local Poachers. My sons' Christian club at school is called Ambassadors, but Swype prefers Assassins. And I was somewhat bemused to look in my calendar and see that I had scheduled nepotism classes - they turned out to be baptism classes.

3 comments:

Steve Hayes said...

The best phone i had was one of those clamshell jobbies that didn't send strange messages to strange people whenever I got in the car.

Thomas said...

Reminds me of ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKOwh44DOFQ

Jenny Hillebrand said...

Steve - you have a strange phone . . .
Thomas - I couldn't get the video to load, will try again!
Thanks for comments.