Saturday, November 03, 2012

Anglicans in Lentegeur

This afternoon I attended (well, took part in, insofar as I had a line to say) the institution of the new rector of the Anglican parish in Lentegeur. I have realised that I don't know much about Anglicans, actually. It was good to be part of the service and to meet the new priest in the area. I hope that we connect further - she is also of the female persuasion and this is her first parish as rector (if I understand all the terms correctly!)
 This is the bishop of the diocese of False Bay, Merwyn Castle.

The lady kneeling with the purple hood is the new priest Ruth Swartz.

3 comments:

Macrina Walker said...

What exactly is the female persuasion? :-)

Jenny Hillebrand said...

I've been reading too much Terry Pratchett and have borrowed his turn of phrase. It's how he puts it when the character speaking seems to feel it a little politically incorrect to speak of gender or race and uses this to hide his embarrassment.
Ok, one can't read too much Terry Pratchett, but I have just finished one of his books. I meant that she is a woman priest!

Macrina Walker said...

Ah, I'll have to read Pratchett. It just struck me as a rather curious juxtaposition of something one can do nothing about and the word persuasion. Being, I suppose, of the female persuasion myself but not a priest which means perhaps not persuaded after all...