Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Axiom

I am currently reading Axiom by Bill Hybels. I bought it about six months ago for the unfortunate reason that I found it on sale for R40. I struggled to get into it then, but when I picked it up now I found that it really connected with me. Probably because Hybels is teaching leadership to people in settled situations - I spent the first few months in the church in Mitchell's Plain trying to keep my head above water. But I do like Bill Hybels' way of doing things and I struggle with some of my immediate superiors who do not really understand the concept of vision. Some want to force me into the 'maintenance minister' mould, but I can't do it!
Reading the book of Joshua from the Bible with my Bill Hybels eyes open, I really like Joshua's leadership approach and the response of his 'society stewards':
"Whoever rebels against your word and does not obey your words, whatever you command them, will be put to death. Only be strong and courageous!" (Joshua 1:18)

No comments: