Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Making Money

Finances are always (I think) a concern for churches. Last year I was in a church that was in arrears with its payments, but was situated in a relatively well-off area. During the course of the year we were able to catch up and end the year fully paid up.

This year, I am in a church that is way behind in its payments but is in one of the poorest parts of Mitchell's Plain. Realistically, will a church in this area ever be able to support a minister (at the moment they share me with another church, so they have half of a student minister) and be able to maintain its buildings and be able to function as a missionary body?

Part of me says that we must support ourselves. Part of me says the mission is too important and we should look for outside funding.

Wrestling . . .

No comments: