Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Catch-up Time

I knew that the last few weeks were going to be absolutely crazy, but now there is just a moment to breathe and catch up. Today I have a small church service where I have been asked to speak and then two meetings that flow into each other tonight. After that I have no external commitments until Saturday. A chance to figure out where I am with my studies and EMMU requirements and if I am lucky a chance to look at my PhD (which is suffering from neglect).
Saturday is screening to enter the ordination phase of my training. I don't really know what to expect, so I must just try to be as well-prepared as I can.
Next week is the week leading up to Pentecost and we have a very focused outreach and healing time planned in the churches. We are praying hard and expecting to see God work with us and our community. At this point, all the planning and stress of the last few weeks hopefully becomes worthwhile!
The week after is synod, including the oral exegesis exam. This didn't go too well for me last year so I am not looking forward to it, but again there is not much I can do except to be as well-prepared as possible.
After synod I hope I will have another chance to breathe!

No comments: