Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Ordained


Well that was the moment. The words said were "Lord, send your Holy Spirit upon Jenny Hillebrand for the office and work of a Minister in the Church of Christ."

The ministers who laid hands on me were the Presiding Bishop, Rev Zipho Siwa, the General Secretary Rev Vido Nyobole, the General Secretary elect Rev Charmaine Morgan, a past Presiding Bishop Rev Mvume Dandala, the Bishop of the District where I serve Rev Michel Hansrod. Two presbyters were of my own choosing, Rev John Bailie and Rev Simanga Kumalo.

I feel privileged to have had such a group pray for me!

Otherwise, how do I feel? Very tired - almost drained. It has been emotionally taxing. But I also have a sense of lightness and hope that this is now a beginning of something good.

God is always good.

2 comments:

Thomas Scarborough said...

They've let us loose on the Church, have they? Congratulations!

Jenny Hillebrand said...

Thank you. I feel all growed up :-)